menu

I think its very good package for those who cann't get the DSL and for those who are low in budget. If one has a GPRS/EDGE enabled phone with a usb cable and modem then there is no need to purchase a USB Modem. You just need to connect your mobile phone using USB with your computer install the mobile modem software and start using the internet. If one doesn't have the mobile option then I think EVDO is much better because of lower device cost than USB modem and higher internet speed. With GPRS/EDGE once can get a max of 256kps but with EVDO you can get speeds upto 3.1 Mbps or more. But EVDO monthly is slight expensive than Zong EDGE/GPRS package as WorldCall EVDO lowest package starts from Rs. 1200/month with 256kps where as Zong package is Rs. 480(approx.) per month.

PTCL EVDO is supposedly to be launched on 1 December, 2008. One should wait for that to see what package and device cost they are offering plus other things like roaming, usb or card option.

By the way I have mobile phone(Sony Ericsson w810i) with GPRS/EDGE and a modem to connect with computer using a USB. I am going to get GPRS/EDGE unlimited package from Zong and use it from this weekend. I will then share my experiences about its speed and performance.

- "Laughter is the shortest distance between two people."
4
cool guy
2008-11-13 5:45 pm
Member
Offline
Registered: 2008-07-15
Posts: 90

if i have sony ericson the same phone then what i need to use further to use this services, plz assist